Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] WIP - Star Citizen Corridor Environment

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
ziwuxin polycounter lvl 7
Hey guys, 

I've been working on this environment for studying and portfolio work. Here are some screenshot progress that I took from Maya and UE4.16. Now, I did some modeling in Maya and created some tiling textures from Substance Designer 6. Moreover, I set up some mood lightings trying to match Matthew Trevelyan Jons awesome works. For the next stage, I will be doing some modeling and normal decals for the textures.

Comments and feedback are all welcome! 

Original work created by Matthew Trevelyan Jons:

Replies

• Cordero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cordero polycounter
    hi! looks cool! I feel like the environment is a bit " space wasting " meaning that teh doors and interior height are a bit too big for the sacle of the dude. He feel a little bit too small for this environment I believe. It would also be a good idea to use that cool orange/red you have on more places, especially inside the big bluish/gray spaces. Maybe around the switch like thing next to the door. That would add some cool contrast, and variation to the scene, and would also emphasize the nice detail you have in there!
    this is a good exaple I believe, and it probably shows what I mean :D The secondary color here is used to sho the details all around the scene, and I think it looks pretty nice!
    Looking good and keep having fun with this!

• ziwuxin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you for the feedback, I've already changed the scale of the environment so that it will match the size of the character. For the colors, I think that your ideas would be very great! I will try different contrast colors as well. 
  • ziwuxin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Updated:
    I've already changed the scale of the environment so that it will match the size of the character.

• ziwuxin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Updated:

For the next stage, I will be doing some normal decals.

• DeathstrokeFTW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DeathstrokeFTW polycounter lvl 4
    Wow, it looks so nice o_o How did you do your textures and setup this nice post-process? D:
  • ziwuxin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I did all of the textures in Substance Designer, it was very simple right now. For the post-process, I just simplely increase some contrast and some color grading. it was still WIP stage right now and still have a lot of works.