Recently I played a PS4 game Until Dawn and I got inspired by the characters it had. So, I decided to create a new 9th character to the group, instead of making a fan art from any of the existing characters in the game.
Her name is Sydney, but I'm not having any detailed background story for her (yet), and to be honest, the original UD characters didn't have any proper foundation of their background stories either. Basically their traits and relationship status defined their personality throughout the game. So, I'm going to give her three adjectives to describe her personality, just like how they introduced characters in the game for the first time. Her name also has a pretty good abbreviation, Syd. Also, I'll build those traits and relationship status for her.
Here is the current state of her head and body. So, it's just anatomy for now. If there's anything on her anatomy/proportions that need fixing or defining, feel free to comment and criticise. I've always thought that my anatomy sucks, but I hope I'm in the ballbark though...
I don't have any specific goals for her head's likeness to look like someone or anything like that. It's just more or less "a pretty face" with a decent anatomy I'm looking for.
Here I have a moodboard for her outfit and accessories. Ashley from the game was the biggest influence from the clothing standpoint.
1. A beanie hat - pretty standard for a winter scenario.
2. A sleeveless turtleneck sweater - it's under the hoodie to keep her warmer.
3. A hoodie - I decided to make it without zipper, just to be a bit different from the clothing used on the game.
4. Jeans shorts - Ashely wears them on the game, so I wanted to keep these pretty much the same. Maybe with some slight differences though.
5. Leggings - Yep, from Ashely's wardrobe again.
6. Ring 1 - most likely a golden ring with a some sort of gemstone. Gonna create it with some sort of own design.
7. Ring 2 - even simpler siver ring with some carvings or ornaments.
8. A neclace with a locket - Could be a bit more complex design-wise.
9. Women's winter boots - this will be exact design I'm going with. Cute ones.
10. Hairstyle - I really like Beth's hairstyle from the game, and it's simple enough to do, just to learn how to create rea-time hair.
These pieces of clothing on the moorboard are just guidlines to go with, so any kind of designs will have more room fluctuate during the modeling process.
P.S. this project is one of my the most active side projects. I also have a bigger main project to introduce later this summer. But yeah, it's been a long time since I've showed any of my stuff here. So, here we go!