Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Twin Peaks Diner

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Dubloon polycounter lvl 4
Hey Polycount!

With season 3 of Twin Peaks premiering, I thought I'd share the progress I've made so far with the Double R Diner. I'm a big fan of the show and when talk began of a new season I decided to recreate one of the most memorable locations

All images are rendered in Unreal Engine 4, with texturing done in Substance Designer and Painter, and the modeling was done in Maya.

I plan on making a more detailed breakdown of the scene when it's finished.

I'd love to hear your thoughts and feedback.

Replies

• lucasz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lucasz polycounter lvl 7
    My two Cents,

- The Food Rests on the Plate seem super unreal, like someone cleaned it up with a napkin in a perfect circle, try to make max/min with some masks to give it a more realistic touch
    - The Furnitue ( Red Seats on the Bar, and sitting Places around the Tables ) look like they've never been used before, maybe go for a sculpt pass and bake in some folds

Other than that the Renders look great
  • Dubloon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dubloon polycounter lvl 4
    lucasz said:
    My two Cents,

- The Food Rests on the Plate seem super unreal, like someone cleaned it up with a napkin in a perfect circle, try to make max/min with some masks to give it a more realistic touch
    - The Furnitue ( Red Seats on the Bar, and sitting Places around the Tables ) look like they've never been used before, maybe go for a sculpt pass and bake in some folds

Other than that the Renders look great
    Thanks for the feedback! I totally agree with both points. I think the booths were the first asset I textured in the project, and I never got around to touching them up.