Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Candy Environment (Remastering Old Environment) - WIP

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Donte' Hawkins polycounter lvl 4
Hello all Polycounters! :)

I am currently working on a small candy arts/crafts environment. Below is some background and my thought process behind the environment.

What do you want to say in the scene? Is there a feeling or emotion you want out of it?

Essentially, I want people’s childhood to be drawn out when looking at this small environment.  

Who are the characters that occupy the space?

This character is very nice and welcoming to their neighbors. One day, this character decided to build their art/craft house with colorful designs and patterns to attract attention. Although people were drawn in by the visual aspect of the house, the character noticed that they wouldn’t stay long. So then the character decided to add candy themes and attached it to the house. Now people can eat candy and view arts/crafts at the same time which caused them to stay longer!

Visual themes and motifs:

I was inspired by Thomas Kinkade paintings and paint by number assignments in the past and know people will be drawn to that idea. The feeling and emotion I choose to convey is brightness and happiness mainly because there is so much destruction going on in the world today. I want people to look at this environment not just as a nice visual piece, but also hopefully it will send a message that there is some good around.

As always, critiques are welcome. I only ask to provide constructive criticism. I will continue to post my progress with this environment as time persists. Thanks and enjoy!

Replies