Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

ArtStation Challenge Submission - The Monk

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Pixel_Fire polycounter lvl 4
Heya Folks! :)

The original concept was made by the amazing Anastasia Nikulina

I decided against posting up a thread when the project was already completed. Instead, I will post a few images and talk a bit about my experience with the project. I will be sure to post an active thread for my next project (sometime today).

If you want to see in progress shots, here is the ArtStation thread for the challenge.

This was my first real character that I worked on. I worked on other characters before, but only to the ZBrush stage and they had highly exaggerated forms and proportions. Since this was my first go at realism (as real as a big eared blue monk can get), I knew I had to study up on anatomy and proportions. I also had to do some intense studying on how skin works and the different tones it has. Overall, this project allowed me to pull most of the tricks out of my bag as well as learning many more along the way. For my first go at realism, I think I did okay, but I definitely have a lot of room for improvement. I aim to push myself more for my next realism project I tackle.

Here is the final submission on my ArtStation page. If anyone has any critiques or feedback for future projects, I'd love to hear them :)