Home Adobe Substance

Totally new to Substance products

srlake314
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
srlake314 polycounter lvl 6
Good morning/good day and good evening.
I recently was encourage to try my hand @ Substance painter, more so than Design, for quicker, painting, even more so than Zbrush polypaint. I have a lot of questions, but I'll try and keep it to one or two for this discussion. Firstly, can I get by with only using painter, as I see that design is more for creating the material than just painting it on the model and sending it back to the 3d program, i.e. Maya for me.  How does this work in conjunction with Zbrush though?  Is it better than just poly painting in Zbrush?  
For my current project though, it's all low poly hard modeled library scene.  So Zbrush has nothing to do with this pipeline.  
So with that being said, how will I approach my model(s) in my library scene?  DO I export each mesh as a separate object and if so as a .fbx only?  I also have to do the UVs, correct?  Also, do I utilize the UDIM?  I'm sort of lost.  I've never really used udims before, but I have this scene with a lot of objects.  Can I just do the maps in Substance Painter?  
Ok, I know I asked more than 2 questions, and I apologize for that.  I just want to get this pipeline down.  So in the end, will I have multiple UVs on the one 0-1 space?  Not sure how that works.
Thanks!