Home Unreal Engine

Best way/software to record your screen from in-game with UE4

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Cg_Creator polycounter lvl 11
Hi, I m using Camrecorder/Camtasia to record my screen as I use UE4 in game... tho I am not getting the full quality I m looking for... Is it because of some settings I m not enhancing or is there a better way\software to get it done?

Thank you.

Replies

• Seehr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Seehr polycounter lvl 9
    The best best best way would be creating the video itself inside UE4 with MAtinee or Sequencer.
    But if you just want to do a tutorial or something like that, make the compression settings for that software better and that should work i guess.
  • Quack!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quack! polycounter lvl 17
    Hi, I m using Camrecorder/Camtasia to record my screen as I use UE4 in game... tho I am not getting the full quality I m looking for... Is it because of some settings I m not enhancing or is there a better way\software to get it done?

Thank you.
    You need a very powerful computer to capture video and run UE4 at the same time.  With that said, I have found that Nvidia's built in Video recorder within geforce experience is the best outside of an external recording device in terms of not taxing the system.  I have gotten OBS to record 60fps in unreal.
  • IacopoAntonelli
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IacopoAntonelli polycounter lvl 3
    Hi, I usually use OBS Studio, it's really easy to use and powerful!
  • Klawd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Klawd polycounter lvl 7
    Yes, I use OBS too. Just need a decent rig and to play around with its settings.
  • Cg_Creator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Great thanks for that guys, I ll have a go at it :)
  • Cg_Creator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I m quite confused lol... I tried OBS, and it seems to record any windows or software but, will not record UE4 Editor or a packaged project.... I just get the image of the editor but then nothing moves, like its frozen on the first frame... Anyone had this issue?