Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

My latest Reel - Critique needed

null
Check out my latest Reel. I will appreciate it if you describe my worst and best shot. All feedback is appreciated.

Replies

• HeXiFy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HeXiFy polycounter lvl 5

Okay so the first weird thing I see is, at :02, when his foot connects to the ground, it's at an unusual angle that shows that the human doesn't have bones in that leg which makes it look like rubber... or in the scene from Harry Potter when he broke his wrist and they took all the bones out...

At :07 while he's running, his right arm is too stiff. Also at :11 when he's about to bring his left leg up, it looks like his knee is snapping a little. Also, when he gets hit by the bullet the first time, it looks like someone is just moving him sideways instead of backwards. Unless it's just the angle you have him at.. Also, with the dog animation, his collar nor his little gold coin thing don't move at all and stay at the same place.

At :029 he is almost instantly moved from one position to another without any movement in between. Should add some more frames in, showing him doing a little movement to that position. It looks like you keyed from one position and keyed him at the new one, and let the computer figure out the rest.. And last but not least, in the last animation, when he's running with the axes, his arms and the weapons are too stiff.

Other than those, it looks pretty solid. Everything will keep getting better with time and repetition. Did you self teach yourself animation?

• SergeyLoza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SergeyLoza null
    @HeXiFy Thanks for your feedback, i really appreciate it. Yes so far i teach myself animation, but couple days ago i join animation school to improve my skills and find a job in animation.
  • HeXiFy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HeXiFy polycounter lvl 5
    Nice, that's pretty solid work there. Good luck man, keep on rucking, it'll only get better.
  • SergeyLoza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SergeyLoza null
    @HeXiFy thanks for the support) And good luck to you too.