Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Two quick questions.

The Conundrical Preposter
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
The Conundrical Preposter polycounter lvl 5
1. At some point last night I found out how to switch rendering modes to actually see the opacity map I've added to my mesh. For whatever reason I can't seem to find where on earth that option is and all the topics mentioning it either skip past it or solve it without documenting. Where are the rendering modes for 3DO? I've clicked seemingly every drop down and can't find how to get the sub menu in top right to appear. Because the whole program has changed its interface as it's progressed, I'm already pretty used to seeing unfamiliar things in older tutorials.

2. How do I assign multiple material IDs to a single folder or layer? I can open the material ID selection window and even remove the one item in its list but I can't figure out how to actually add more. I'd prefer not importing two copies of the material because it takes quite awhile.

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    To open rendering options, LMB the mesh when you're not in painting mode.

Open DynaMask on your folder or layer, then open the Material IDs rollout. Click the Links button. CTRL+LMB each masked area you'd like to add to your current mask.

That should do it. :)