Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

UE4 Arch Viz: Residential Appartment

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Cg_Creator polycounter lvl 11
After spending lots of time on UE4, I finally managed to finish my first project.
I m pretty happy with the outcome, tho there s a lot of things I could have done better, like my models, light and shadows, as well as my materials...
I am still very happy to here any comments or techniques  to improve my next project.
Also feel free to ask questions and I ll try to answer them.
But I will make sure my next project look much better...

Replies

• Cg_Creator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I m trying to do a video capture of when I use it in-game, as I setup a few custom commands... Tho the quality of the capture is not coming out as good as I could hope... I m using Camtasia... is there a better software to record it... or I just need to find better setup... just seems that I miss a fair bit of frames as my computer get a bit laggy as I use it especially with UE4 open... Thanks
  • ToffeeApple
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ToffeeApple polycounter lvl 8
    Hi Cg_Creator

Good job! I like the living room area in particular. I think what stands out to me is that there is a lot of white in your images (the whites also tend to become a bit blown out). I think bringing in some colour in places would help. My flat is also white walls, white doors so I can see what you are going for. I think to break it up you could have made the duvet, pillows, microwave, rug, towels, chairs etc a different colour. Even if some were a beige or an off white. Also you could break it up by thinking of it in terms of different materials - so the doors could have a wood pattern but still be white to give it some variety.
  • Bedrock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bedrock polycounter lvl 10
    What level scale and quality setting do you use for the lightmap?

For recording you could try OBS.
  • Cg_Creator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks ToffeeAple, yeah that blown out have been quite a big issue for me as to hide some bad shadows I had to crank up the light more then I should but, you are totally right, adding a bit more colors would definitely help, thanks.
    Hi Bedrock,  For the 4 world setting, I used quite simple setup... Lev Scale:1 / Bounce: 100 / Quality: 10 / Smooth: 1.2
    Takes a bit less then 4 hours to build.

• TheGabmeister
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheGabmeister interpolator
    I'm also creating interior scenes. Just curious, how are you handling the reflections on the floor? Screen-space reflections?
  • Montreseur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Montreseur polycounter lvl 6
    I'm also creating interior scenes. Just curious, how are you handling the reflections on the floor? Screen-space reflections?
    Planar reflections work quite well.
  • Cg_Creator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheGabMeister: I just use a reflective material and add a reflection sphere... nothing special about it I guess...