Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Just graduated and looking for some feedback on my portfolio

null
Offline / Send Message
lalaith null
Ideally, I would like a job doing handpainted textures or environment art/props. I definitely (probably?) need more examples of those things in my portfolio and will work on some things!
Any feedback on what's there so far/what it's missing/what might improve it?

http://mcivmichelle.wixsite.com/feedbackplease

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Your pencil work is rustic and charming.  I can feel the texxtural quality of it almost through a PC screen.

The one handpainted asset you have works well, suits a comic-focused style.  I want more pieces to figure out what else you can do.

Your paintings could use more vibrancy; it almost feels like your value changes occur with just adding more black or white to the hue to make shadows or lighter elements.

You're not quite hireable yet, admittedly, but you seem to be on the right track.

There's no example of games shipped or worked on.  If you can get that on the portfolio, that would prove that you are capable of working in a game production environment.
  • lalaith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lalaith null
    Thanks  a lot for the feedback!
    Hue variation has always been something I've struggled with! I think i'm definitely improving with it but like you said, still have a ways to go.
    I don't really have any experience working on games, but I've been thinking of making something very simple in Unity... I'm not worried about making the assets and bringing them into the level as I have experience doing that, but actually plugging in code etc. is something I don't know much about. 
    If you have any good links relevant to either of these things, I would be super grateful! 
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Nothing imeediately comes to mind.  Unity has several working game projects that you can download for free.