hey community :smile:

Here's my first run cycle i made it a month ago and looking for your feedbacks 

thanks

Replies

• Einar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Einar polycounter lvl 5
    The sideview looks pretty cool it has interesting silluetes and i do like your timing.

Your front view is where your biggest problem lies, What you're looking for in a convincing run from the front / back is to sell the hip movement properly. Currently the hips are very stiff (They are rotating wrong) . What you should do is reverse the hips (and the whole COG), then push it, then add the diffrence in the controls up to the shoulders, so that in the end you get a similar siluette in the sideview. Also rotate both the hip and the shoulder so they create some contra pasto, and it will help your arm movement feel more true, and look more appealing.

Another problem is that you don't move your feet in the X axis, they run on a line. Keep them underneath your character, balanse them under him. Think more like a balerina and less like the hulk.
  • AGoodFella
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AGoodFella polycounter lvl 5
    Nice! It's got a nice rhythm to it. I agree with the above. On the down, rotate the spine the other way so there is a squeeze on one side as the chest compresses and the hip raises for the foot that is taking the weight.
  • brucemoose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    brucemoose polycounter lvl 3
    Great job on the feet, there is definately more room for some overlap and drag in x on the head. I would offset the spine in y and x from bottom to top because his torso spine is feeling a little stiff. Is there a clavicle control on this character as it looks like you may have dialed in too much on the shoulder to compensate for none on the clavicle.

You need to engage the hips more, way more lateral twist in the hips because they are looking a little flat to camera.

Keep up the good work!