Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Walk cycle

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Chris Rohlfing polycounter lvl 9
Looking to see if this is portfolio worthy. Would love to get some critiques.. Was planning on adding some other movements such as a running animation and maybe a tired walk.

Replies

• AnthonyAnimation
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AnthonyAnimation greentooth
    Looks like you have a good start! The things that stick out to me are the stiffness of the upper body as well as a double bounce in the heel. The torso has a reverse C shape which looks uncomfortable. 
  • brooceylad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    brooceylad polycounter lvl 2
    It looks like your translating his groin forward, don't do that on a cycle keep it in the y. There is definately some noise or something in the groin area.  The toes look broken make sure they flop down if that's what your going for.
  • AGoodFella
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AGoodFella polycounter lvl 5
    Cool, nice start. I would definitely loosen his spine more. Also, ha e some stretching in the leg so it is not bent all the time.
  • _adamturnbull
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Great start but like others have said, the upper body looks very stiff. Try having a little more twist in his lower torso and bring the whole torso so its not so upright.

Also, as he is planting his right foot his pelvis seem to be moving backwards. He should be transferring his weight onto that foot but at the moment it looks quite unbalanced.

Its not far off but I'd probably fix these little issues before putting it on your reel as these are things that would be noticed but potential employers.
  • yaoyao
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yaoyao null
    喜欢,放松脊椎会更好 :)