Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Fisher's VR projects

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Fisher007 polycounter lvl 8
Hi!

I have been working on various VR projects for the last 1,5 years and I thought it would be good to have a place where I can share them and possibly get some feedback or maybe suggestions how to make them more VR compatible. :)

Interstellar - Tesseract scene

I created this scene for the Sketchfab Movie contest. It is optimized to be used with VR, especially with Gear VR. It is available on Sketchfab for 3D previewing. (link below) The indoor renders are taken from the Gear VR version made with UE4.
 http://sketchfab.com/models/99fa9d0135fc4f20b4bdfcbc5704ec25?navigation=fps&fps_speed=1

Arch-viz projects

Various arch-viz projects. The apartment indoor scene uses static lightbakes, the hotel garden uses dynamic lighting. Some of the props have been provided by the client.

Marketing project

This was a 3 minute long marketing project, it was quite a challenge to work on as the client wanted a good quality forest for PC and Oculus Rift rendered real-time, but wanted a nearly identical version to be run on mobile VR (Gear VR) as well. The trickiest part was to make the dog animated on both versions. As the background was a 3D panoramic image, I thought I could render out stereoscopic image sequences of the dog as well, but the 2D sprite was very low quality on the phone due to the lack of anti-aliasing. After all I settled with having 2 skeletal meshes positioned to match the two background images (one for each eye) and render each mesh for only the matching eye. I know, hackzzz... but it worked in the end, so I was happy. :D

Easter Egg Hunt

This is small game where the player needs to explore the environment and locate as many eggs as possible before the time runs out. The client's budget was quite limited while having high expectations in terms of quality so I used assets from different content packs to achieve the desired visual level, which had to be in line with the client company's theme. Due to the short time frame, this had the worst performance by far. It ran around 50-60 FPS on a 980 Ti. :D Luckily it wasn't planned to be released publicly and the client got a 1080 after all, so it they were happy how it ran.

The next project is also a marketing material that has similar visuals and interactions like Crytek's Climb. I will post some renders of it as well, once the NDA gets lifted, hopefully in 1-2 weeks. :)

Sorry for the long post and thank you for the attention if you made it down here! :) 

Regards,
Fisher