Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Looking for critique for a 2D piece.

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
tekkoontan polycounter lvl 4

its a book cover for Aeon 14. You can see more of their stuffs here: http://www.aeon14.com/

Say anything you want to help me improve.

I feel like I don't have the 'appeal' in this painting.

Replies

• Doodlok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Doodlok interpolator
    Great stuff to begin with! I really love the touch of asian construction on the right bottom :D 

I don't think Im much qualified to critique your piece but just so suggest something, I feel like the image lacks the kick regarding where to focus on at the first sight. (please do take this with grain of salt)

To elaborate a bit, like if I take a closer look at the image I understand what's going on, but visually I think the depth and the 'crispness' of the image can be strong, it seems lil bit blurry and flat. It does convey all the necessary information but it doesnt hit you on the eyes as strong as it could be. 

Also the models seem to have a minor discrepancy with the background, Im assuming they're 3D paintovers because the main character looks really gorgeous and her tones and lightings are on spot, but it feels like they were cropped out of other work and was pasted in the environment. Perhaps more highlights on the front to really bring it forward would help? 

Again, Im super novice and I really love your work, these are just my unqualified opinions. LOVELY WORK
  • Solic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Solic polycounter lvl 7
    I cant look at this for a long time. The the way its tilted making my brain dizzy. Probably just me. :/