Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Showreel 2017

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
nikFrn polycounter lvl 6
Hello, this is my reel which comprises the works of this last period only with Blender, from animations for game characters, to animations for videomappings, tv spot, web serie and also personal works. I hope you like it!

http://youtu.be/KAJjVWC6D0c  

Replies

• AnthonyAnimation
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AnthonyAnimation greentooth
    Hey @nikFrn, thanks for sharing! I'll assume you're looking for feedback. The first thing that popped out is the length. It's really long. If this is just a collection of your work, that's fine, but if you're going to apply with a reel aim for 1 minute. This forces you to only pick your strongest work. Recruiters look at a ton of reels and trying to keep their attention for 3 minutes is not likely.

Personally I would recommend having separate reels for different disciplines, one for modeling one for animation. Unless your aim is to be more of a generalist. If you'd like critique on separate pieces feel free to upload them via syncsketch and link them here.

Overall I would recommend looking at and studying reference. Look at timing and weight. Acting out an action also helps you understand how something moves.
  • nikFrn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nikFrn polycounter lvl 6
    Thank you for your suggestions @AnthonyAnimation:)