Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Warhammer 40,000 Cerastus Knight Lancer

thjt-9
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
thjt-9 polycounter lvl 3
Here is my Cerastus Knight Lancer from Warhammer 40,000 made for a Final Uni Project. As such I am consideirng it largely completed, but I will make changes if anyone has feedback to give.
er from Warhammer 40,000. I am considering it
Turntable
https://youtu.be/k0rjLUGgaSQ

Replies

• Cglewis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cglewis polycounter lvl 12
    I think you have great base but i feel your proportions are a bit off the top of the main body i feel needs to be bigger or maybe your head need to be pushed back into it/smaller.
    I also feel you are missing all the panel details that go with that area as well as al lthe markings that go with a 40k piece.
    I also feel you need to push your materials everything now feels flat.
  • Shyralon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shyralon polycounter lvl 11
    I feel like you could push this way further when it comes to presenting your work. The model looks solid but the lighting is really flat and also makes the materials feel very flat. First of, I would start with a different HDR than snow as it takes away a lot of color and makes stuff feel very grey/bluish - maybe take a look at product photography to get an idea on how to push the quality of a model through lighting. Aside from this the snow and ground textures is really distracting for me as it is super noisy and takes away my focus from the mesh itself.