Home Marmoset

Utility Passes in MTB

Hello,

I did some experiments in MTB3 and was quite happy with the results and the future potential to use it as a production renderer. I bought a license after the trial as well, to help support the product.

I know that Motion Blur is a feature intended somewhere down the line, but I wonder if it would be easier, or at least faster to implement a basic utility renderpass/aov setup.

A motion vector pass would go a long way towards making the renders animation production ready. A depth pass would also be very very welcome.

Any thoughts or plans for such a feature?

Cheers,
Chris

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Render passes are something we plan to look into for a future release, however, we don't have an ETA for that at this time. Thanks for the feedback.
  • csmallfield
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cool! If you need any testers, lighting, shading and rendering are my thing, I'd love to help!
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Sorry to necro this, Joe, but I was wondering if there's been any updates as far as Render Passes go? With some of the realtime renderer's being used for film (like Unity's Adam), rendering out passes from Marmoset could lead to some nifty small scale projects.
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sorry to necro this, Joe, but I was wondering if there's been any updates as far as Render Passes go? With some of the realtime renderer's being used for film (like Unity's Adam), rendering out passes from Marmoset could lead to some nifty small scale projects.
    Sorry, no updates at this time. It's on our list of potential features but we haven't had a chance to work on it yet, and do not have an ETA at this point.
  • LorasTyrell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LorasTyrell polycounter lvl 5
    Is it possible at the moment to access the position of an object in a different frame? Because if it is then it would be possible to write a shader to simulate motion blur. I guess if not, then it would still be possible, only using user input instead of keyframe positions...
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Is it possible at the moment to access the position of an object in a different frame? Because if it is then it would be possible to write a shader to simulate motion blur. I guess if not, then it would still be possible, only using user input instead of keyframe positions...
    I just checked with our engineering team and this is not possible currently. Thanks for the feedback as always though!