Home Technical Talk

[Maya] Rigging two different pivot points on one object/curve?

Turbopasta
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Turbopasta polycounter lvl 5
Hi guys. Maybe some of the riggers amongst yourselves might be able to help me out on this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Basically, I have a full rig already set up, and the square curve just moves everything on the rig at once, barring the two circles on the very bottom that are away from everything. The two circles under everything I just made to demonstrate my problem. 

I want to rotate the square curve with a pivot point roughly on each of those boxes, probably with alternating movement because of this being a walk cycle.

THIS is the result I want, but I can only get this by constraining this curve to the base. Right now the circle to the left isn't constrained to anything. If I try to constrain both of the bottom ones to the base at once...

...then THIS happens. I imagine it's because the curve that isn't moving is interfering with some of the math. Maya doesn't seem to like it if I try to parent the bottom curves to each other so that they follow each other around. Is there a simpler way to achieve something like what I want somehow?