Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Demonic creature

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
yapasddfgg polycounter lvl 4
Hi guys! This is the project that I'm currently working on and i really want it to look good, it would be awesome if you could give me some feedback and suggestions.
\

Also, I would really appreciate if you could share some tips or tutorials on detailing horns and demonic-type skin (like skales or something). I'll attach some examples of that, thanks in advance!

Replies

• gastrop0d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gastrop0d polycounter lvl 5
    Damn, that is looking really nice! I can't help but notice something a little odd with the horns though. At first glance my eyes are pairing up the horns in a staggered fashion, like so:

My eyes think the two blue horns are part of a pair and the two purple ones are part of the other pair and since the curves are at total odds with each-other it makes it look like the demon is having a bad horn day.

I think this optical illusion is occurring because of how some of the horns bases are occluded. Two horns have their bases visible to the eye and two have theirs occluded and the eye (mine at least) are using that to pair them up.

Maybe its just my imagination, but I thought I'd note it just in case.
  • Elithenia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elithenia polycounter
    This is coming along really nice!
    I think some definition might help with the horns. However as I can see you've already done that in the grey model, I think it might just be the case of it not having it in the brown model. 

• yapasddfgg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the responses guys!
    Elithenia said:
    This is coming along really nice!
    I think some definition might help with the horns. However as I can see you've already done that in the grey model, I think it might just be the case of it not having it in the brown model. 

Thank you! I'm still working on it, currently trying to find a better way to detail the horns, the grey one is just an updated version of a grey one. 
    I've also made some different test  versions of the face after the feedback, gonna choose the first one over others. 

• yapasddfgg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If anyone is interested - he's finally done. :)
    Thanks for the help
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/dBE23

• Elithenia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Elithenia polycounter
    Came out looking really cool :) well done :)