Velentry (3D Sketchbook)

velentry
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
velentry polycounter lvl 5
Hey guys,

Latest Progress Voidwalker Banner

Latest Progress Weapon:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

im having a go at making a gnome and her voidwalker 3d printed statue for the time being im just trying to get a really good 3D sculpt working that i am proud of and can say hey check it out so far here is where it is at any feedback is always welcome

ill make more screenshots tonight to give an idea of the back just at work so dont have the file to hand :P

At the moment im making a sort of t-pose or neutral pose that i can then move into position after im not sure if this is the best method but it allows me to take full advantage of the mirror function in zbrush and then ill make an asymetric pose after and go in and edit accordingly this would be the plan with the gnome to but for now its just the voidwalker im working on

Replies

• velentry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update on the above post ive started fleshing out the bracers ive kept the hands out for now just because there kinda just block in human hands :P once ive put abit more damage into the bracers im going to be taking a look at the back again i feel it slopes way to soon after the neck since it is basically a hunch back.

Things still to do:
    • Add in smoke or general noise around bottom
    • fix back and work into it
    • add second part of bracer
    • put into final pose
    • re-detail and patch errors
    Any feedback would be awesome if you see anything thats just screwed
  • velentry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update pretty close to finishing off the bracers so planning to pop in some hands and then begin the posing process and general refinements to make it look as cool as i can at the mo ive made the bracers extra chunky just because i like it that way but depending on how they look once the hands are in fully ill change the size accordingly.

Took a quick render from keyshot this time just because why not :P 

• velentry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    update so went in and added hands and its not in this screenshot but bulked out his forarms since they looked a little bit weedy, planing to move onto posing this week so basically redo the lot :pensive:

• velentry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Began posing and fixing should take a while :P

• velentry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    More progress on the voidwalker this time ive just taken screengrabs from zbrush from all angles still in the progress of working on him as the left side has fallen behind and plan to work on that tonight and then do something about his bottom jaw and hands along with some sort of base.

• velentry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    More work on the big dude so i decided to mirror since there wasnt enough difference between the sides and then changed the lower part adding in detail and having less bobbles and then reworked the top of the back of the head lots of changes overall let me know what you guys think :)

• velentry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Another update so reworked alot with the head and over the body generally lots of tweaks started moving on the base with a very quick blockout with what i had in mind i think it will really bring it all together when it is done then i need to work on the hands  huzzahh.
    As always would love to hear you guys have fun and  have a kickass week everyoen :D
  • velentry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    because i was a dum dum and left the voidwalker at work i was unable to do anything on him last night so i decided to start work on the weapon for the warlock so far its just the blade but hey gotta start somewhere :smile:

• velentry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    More updates on the voidwalker connected the cloud base to the body and added in a temp platform now just working in the details and then back over the body again

• velentry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update for the big guy changed the hands base and face since the above post and generally refined it here and there let me know what you think guys starting to get there slowly but surely

• velentry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Added in the bottom half of the emblem and started adding in some detail plan to work into it abit more and refine the details then work on into the middle where the text will be held. Almost there! :D

• velentry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Onwards and upwards finished up the banner and now moving onto the base of the model before finishing it up and then moving onto the gnome its been a fairly long road but fun

• velentry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys, just an update on the Gnome Warlock. I've blocked our the armour to get the proportions correct and now slowly working though adding detail. Currently I am working on the hat. Any feedback is always appreciated!

• velentry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So finished up the belt as intended added a collar around the neck and made half of the chest piece currently working on the bottom half of the item and then its just the gloves and shoulders before working on the pose getting close cant wait to see this finished and printed already have ideas for the next project :). Let me know what you  guys think of it.

• velentry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update on the Gnome she finally has feet and a dress to boot were closing in on the finish line and then onto the final pose where things will get really fun with a book and weapon in hand. Test prints will be starting towards the end of the week and we can see how great this little fella will wreck havoc upon our desks!

• velentry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did a test print and finished off the gnome this week gotta say it looks pretty badass printed and looks amazing the detail that came through is just mind blowing, the stitches i put into the gloves and bottom of the skirt have even come through. Now to just make a weapon and pose the little devil cant wait to have this finished and sitting on the desk being awesome, plus have some fun projects planned for after!