Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First ever Zbrush sculpt! Feedback pleaseee :D

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Doodlok interpolator
Hello lovely people of Polycount!

I'm mostly working in 2D and I never wonder around this foreign and mystic world of 3D, but I finally decided to dig into Zbrush and made my first sculpt ever today! Lots of kudos to whoever posts those random tutorials on youtube :D

I already posted this on my 2D thread, but besides of my 2D stuff going I wanted to get feedback from 3D people too. If this is considered a spam I'll erase it asap, but I wanted to make this as my 3D-exclusive thread of updating my noob 3D progress. Hopefully it will be fine, and loads and loads of critique please!

100% sculpted and rendered using Zbrush. I'm a total noob and it took me like 8 youtube videos just to realize how Zbrush's UI work so for you experts this will look probably shittyyyy as hell, so please don't be enraged by my sloppyness and hope you enjoy :D

Replies

• oreoorbitz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oreoorbitz polycounter lvl 9
    Hi. So I"ll just focus on the head, some I'm crap at anatomy otherwise, crap at head anatomy too, so take with a grain of salt

Proportions:

The proportions from the base of the nose to the bottom of the chin aren't quite right. I think maybe you should bring the jaw up, maybe keep the llips in place.

The transition you have from the side of his head to the forehead is too sharp

The bone is sharp.

Then the temporalis comes out and attaches to the edge, filling in the gap and softening the harsh bone a bit

Then it gets a layer of fat

Then finally it gets covered in skin.

THe nose:

The shap of the nose isn't correct:

Think of the underlaying structure.

Last thing:
    Know your age 
    Smoothe skin makes model look younger, bumpier makes look older. Always have a clear idea of what age your character is.

Keep up the hard work, you're doing great!
  • Doodlok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Doodlok interpolator
    @oreoorbitz

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR FEEDBACK!

Sorry I couldn't get this earlier, I was away for 2 days or so. I really really appreciate you taking your time to gather the resources and show me what I'm doing wrong; I always felt like the face felt inappropriate, and your comments now helped me a lot making sense of what 's wrong with my work. I'll make sure I work on those on my next one and try my best to improve :D

Thanks for the comment again, please come back to see if I improved later :D