Home Technical Talk

Zbrush Stamp/Clone tool likein photoshop... cannot find him?

Jonathan85
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Jonathan85 polycounter lvl 9
Where in Zbrush is a brush or "feature" working in the same way as "stamp" or "clone" tools in Photoshop... That means in lets me pick a place on my model from which to source geometry to paint on other side/place on the model... I cannot find this tool in zbrush but it surelly has to have one, right...?

Replies

• Sunray
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sunray polycounter lvl 7
    There isn't one but you could use mrgbz grabber to make brush out your details you want to clone.
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    There is a "cloner brush" that works exactly this way, however it relies on pixol values for its sampled depth and so it is really only useful when working on planar textures. If you're looking for something to apply across a 3d model with more complex surfaces, then alpha creation would be a better way to go. 
  • Jonathan85
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jonathan85 polycounter lvl 9
    Thank you for comments. Cryrid, where can i find the cloner brush (even if it wont be usefull i would like to at least try it)... i dont see it in my brush window.

I will also try other aproches suggested here, thank you again :-).

One other question- why does zbrush lack such IMHO essential brush? Is the somehow complicated to program it to work properly in 3d space?
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    It's a 2.5d Tool, so you'd gain access to it when using Projection Master. Use Ctrl+Click to choose your sample area.