Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Japanese Environment (need critics because I am lost)

catlady
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
catlady polycounter lvl 4
Few months ago I started this environment but then I realized it's too ambitious for my skills and the outcome would be quite different from what I had in my mind first. I have some vague idea how it's gonna look like if i am able to put it in UE4. This is my first post here and I'm not sure if it is allowed to post links to other people's works, otherwise I would have posted few  videos from youtube which I used for inspiration.
I still have work to do on the buildings, some more assets to create and put it all together somehow. Here's what I've made so far:

Replies

• Telerak
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Telerak polycounter lvl 2
    Hi Catlady!

You are absolutely welcome to post your inspiration here, we'd love to see it! Just be sure to credit the original artist if it isn't displayed. :smile: These assets are looking great so far, you have a really strong start!

Just in case you haven't already, you'll want to plan out a refined idea of what you'll be making. This can be done with just a simple 5-10 minute sketch of what you want your main beauty shot to look like. Using this, you can get an idea of where you'll be placing your buildings, size of the scene, and exactly what assets you'll need to create.

If you're like me, you've probably thought up a ton of ideas on what you want to put into the scene. The sketch helps very well with limiting the scope of the project, so that you don't feel overwhelmed by the amount of assets you'll have to create. Keep it simple and try thinking of ways you can reuse some of your assets.

We'd also like to see any of the process you're doing, so if you already have some sketches or concept work, post it here! Everything is looking great so far, can't wait to see more.
  • catlady
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    catlady polycounter lvl 4
    Thank you, Telbrak!
    I didn't make any concept sketches but I guess I'll have to make some. I just have a map and a list of things which I have to do.
    I still haven't decided how to place the buildings.
    Here are the inspirations:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1tpkOTlb5s&index=5&list=PLzrRbaW6Iw83jymQR6sW4FPRp2G7WY5w8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqrRvG6VcaA&index=4&list=PLzrRbaW6Iw83jymQR6sW4FPRp2G7WY5w8

And some more assets: