Home Technical Talk

Blender3D not loading my projects

Wheelz
vertex
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Wheelz vertex
I am having some trouble opening my .blend files. Some of them are fine and some say that their size is 0kb. Some of them show their actual size, but they still won't open. I have them stored on a flash drive which I know is not the problem because I can open all other kinds of files no problem. I am using the latest version of Blender. Will reinstalling blender work? I have Blender highly customized and it will take a while to get it back to how I want it, so I want to make absolutely certain that reinstalling it will work.

Replies

• pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    This might help : 

- Blender does not require any installation, therefore you can run tests without installing/reinstalling anything. Every version will simply create preferences folders in C:\Users\mon PC\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender the first time it is launched.

- If you do reinstall / or use a fresh unzip of the program / or run a new version : you can transfer over all your settings in one step by copying over the contents of said preference folders.

These might help you track your problem more easily.

• Wheelz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wheelz vertex
    I've just reinstalled Blender and it did not fix the problem. Could it be my pc? I have an old laptop with an AMD A6-3400 APU with 500MB of VRAM clocked at 1.4GHz and only 4GB of RAM. Could that be the problem? I am not trying to open large files. I think the largest one I have is only 5 to 10MB.
  • melviso
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    melviso polycounter lvl 10
    Maybe try opening the backup version of the blender files that are not opening and see if it works