Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Rocket Launcher Project (Critiques welcome)

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Steven_3D polycounter lvl 3
I just wanted to share a Rocket Launcher project I did a while back for a School Project, The Original concept art is by Grant Gosler, had to be slightly modified by me for game functionality reasons. Critiques and Suggestions always welcome, want my work to be the best it can be.

This was modeled in Luxology Modo, textured in Photoshop. Pictures taken out of Unreal Engine 4.

Replies

• WilliamVaughan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WilliamVaughan greentooth
    Nice work.  Great use of Geo, nice pack job on the UVs as well,
  • CrackRockSteady
    Post higher rest concept image if you have it.  Post clearer/larger wireframes.  Consider posting texture flats.

Quick impressions:  You have a lot of unnecessary geo on the model.  Collapse/weld areas that are not changing silhouette or needed for smoothing.  

Without more information it's hard to give more critique.  It looks like your material definition needs work but it may also be that this is a color texture only (?)

Including more info about the model will help with critique.  Is the model intended for 1st person/3rd person/rts/mobile etc
  • Steven_3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Post higher rest concept image if you have it.  Post clearer/larger wireframes.  Consider posting texture flats.

Quick impressions:  You have a lot of unnecessary geo on the model.  Collapse/weld areas that are not changing silhouette or needed for smoothing.  

Without more information it's hard to give more critique.  It looks like your material definition needs work but it may also be that this is a color texture only (?)

Including more info about the model will help with critique.  Is the model intended for 1st person/3rd person/rts/mobile etc
    Good points, The model itself was for a first person game that was a collaborative school project was part of. It was both a 3rd and a First person model, the camera could be in either mode in the game it was created for.

Heres a larger picture of the concept.

The textures did have a PBR setup, heres a picture of the 4 textures needed for it, if you can reccomend to me how to go about making the materials pop more I'd really appreciate that.

And heres a clearer picture of the wire frames.

• Steven_3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I did some improvements to the textures, and tried better lighting