Home Technical Talk

Problem in uv mapping in 3ds max

MujtabaYousuf
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
MujtabaYousuf polycounter lvl 3
hi guys.
I was trying to unwrap a basic sphere. The problem is this.
Capture.PNG

As u can see that whenever i try to grow the selection. Orange gizmo occurs and it is selecting polygons weirdly. Idk what is happening here. Need help here.

Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• armians
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    armians greentooth
    Hello
    orange gizmo is nothing bad and does not affect anything you're doing here, if it bothers You though, You can turn it off here:

The grow selection "problem" occurs because You haven't converted the sphere to EditPoly (well.. that's my guess), so Max still sees that sphere as a triangulated mesh or smth like that. If you convert the sphere to EditPoly or add EditPoly modifier before adding UV modifier, "grow selection" should start behaving as usual
  • MujtabaYousuf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MujtabaYousuf polycounter lvl 3
    armians said:
    Hello
    orange gizmo is nothing bad and does not affect anything you're doing here, if it bothers You though, You can turn it off here:

The grow selection "problem" occurs because You haven't converted the sphere to EditPoly (well.. that's my guess), so Max still sees that sphere as a triangulated mesh or smth like that. If you convert the sphere to EditPoly or add EditPoly modifier before adding UV modifier, "grow selection" should start behaving as usual
    Thanks mate, it worked. :smile: