Home Technical Talk

Zbrush Plugin EaZy Toolz (Small handy buttons) FREE

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Sunray polycounter lvl 7
Hey, I made my first plugin it's suppose to make sculpting faster. The current features are:

-Extracting a mask without out thicknes and without the ugly rough edge.
-Making a duplicate of current subtool and makes it ready for an insert brush to be used after that you hide hit a button to delete everything except for the inserted meshes.
-Does a quick 4x4 of Sdivs and makes the outcome the number of loops of panel loops this allows you to reconstruct after panel loops.
-Bake all layers on all subtools.
-My favorite A switch to turn off and on all surface noise on all subtools.
-Just hitting export for all subtools you can quickly name them from 1 to whatever number you end with.(Great when sculpting a lot of assets and having them decimated in same order in a differ Ztool)
-switching sub group export on and off on ll subtools.
-Dynamesh with a custom amount of polish (Someone told me dynamesh with polish didn't work correctly so this is why it's in here).
-A slider to set the sdviv for all subtools at once(I know there is a high/low vis all but I think this works a little bit nicer).
-New auto groups this works much faster on heavy subtools when the polycount is way up there and you don't have sdiv(Tested it with some simple divided cylinders with a pretty high polycount without sdiv. It saved me 1 minute and 37 seconds)

I'm still planning on adding more to the plugin once I find some more annoying things that I hate doing. If you have any ideas for features feel free to tell me. Also if something doesn't work please let me know so I can fix it.

Link: https://gumroad.com/l/eUxqE

The plugin is free.

Replies

• Jakro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jakro greentooth
    The autogroup button works great, thanks! So does the grp button. The dynamesh polish, not so much right now, it's cool but it's but quite what I was suggesting. I just wanted a button that enabled or disabled the polish option in the dynamesh tab. You should check it out and see what it does and I think you'll understand. The button description reads 'Auto apply clay polish'. If you dock that polish button on the ui it will bug out the moment you select another subtool. Regardless of that stuff though I really like this plugin, thanks! :smile:

• Sunray
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sunray polycounter lvl 7
    Jakro said:
    The autogroup button works great, thanks! So does the grp button. The dynamesh polish, not so much right now, it's cool but it's but quite what I was suggesting. I just wanted a button that enabled or disabled the polish option in the dynamesh tab. You should check it out and see what it does and I think you'll understand. The button description reads 'Auto apply clay polish'. If you dock that polish button on the ui it will bug out the moment you select another subtool. Regardless of that stuff though I really like this plugin, thanks! :smile:

Thanks man I'll give it another look in the next update I also uploadedthe wrong file t only had the txt file. But if you have everything working now as a zplugin you can ignore the new update.
  • Sunray
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sunray polycounter lvl 7
  • Sunray
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sunray polycounter lvl 7
    Hello everyone I updated the plugin with some fixes some typos and other small stuff. Baking all layers now no longer deletes sdivs sorry about that small mistake... I Also added 3 new buttons. Deleting all surface noise. Deleting all morph targets these are great for reducing your file size. And one of my new favorites mirroring a subtool with sdiv with a single click while keeping sdivs. This will make a duplicate so you end up with your subtool on both sides.                                

Hope you enjoy!
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Hi @Sunray - just wanted to chime in to say that the direct Extract is extremely useful, so thank you for that.

Another thing I would find very useful would be a set of buttons for 100x / 0.0x scaling. This is in the context of Goz (more particularly GoB) which in my case causes models to import at 100x the intended Zbrush scale. I can of course scale the current model down to a Zbrush-compatible size with Unify, but it performs a normalisation (to make a model fit inside a box of 2x2 Zbrush units) without exposing the actual ratio - meaning that I have to eyeball the size of the model after re-exporting.

In short : being able to scale things down and up precisely inside Zbrush (by typing a value or pressing a button) would be very useful. 

Also, why not making the plugin "pay what you want" ? I actually wanted to chip in a few $ the other day because I find the Extract button very useful. And a suggestion : "Toolz" with a Z makes the plugin hard to find. As a matter of fact I was filtering for "zbrush plugin tools" in my inbox in order to donate ... and ended up donating to the wrong Zbrush plugin Gumroad page XD
  • Sunray
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sunray polycounter lvl 7
    @pior

Hey man happy to hear that you find eazy toolz useful. 

For the scaling problem, there is  a slider to set scale under tool:geometry:scale. Also I'd advise getting a plugin called styx it's an improved version of goz I'm not sure what you mean with gob. Hopefully not blender because styx doesn't support it haha. What I like to do is just work on characters in zbrush scale and scale it up a certain number every time I put it in Maya or whatever you prefer. and scale it down again when exporting back to zbrush.

I'm pretty new to gumroad I tought I'd make it pay what you want do you know by any change how to do that? And yeah tools might have been better to make it easier to find I will keep it in mind for future stuff. To have an easy name to find and I bet you certainly made someone happy with that donation :D
  • Sunray