Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

TLOU - Sarah's Room WIP - UE4

nnodley
vertex
Offline / Send Message
nnodley vertex
Hey everyone,

Wanting to share a WIP of Sarah's room from TLOU.  I struggle quite a bit with texturing and sculpting a bit as well as lighting, and figure this would be great to do since it's a small piece but has a wide variety of hard surface and more organic models like the bed sheets/comforter and the clothes on the floor.  Probably gonna try and create a tiling wood material in substance for the shelves and other furniture and then have that overlaid with a detail texture map for some more edge variation and damage.

Not quite sure the best way to do some of the clothes on the ground and in the clothes basket.  I've tried making a quick model of a shirt and letting an ncloth animation run for them to lay on the ground, but were not really working out that well.  So if anybody has any tips on that that would be great?

Also I'm trying to play with the lighting a bit here and there and what I've got so far is a sky light, 2 spot lights to shine in some moonlight through the windows and the lamp(no model in yet) point light.  

Really gonna try and update for the rest of the process cause I don't share my work a lot and I think that could be one of the problems with me not getting a job.  Not putting my self out there and trying to stand out enough.

Replies

• nnodley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nnodley vertex
    Update on some shirts and curtain.  Still need a bit more tweaking.  Any feedback on what I could do better?

• nnodley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nnodley vertex
    Couple texture tests from the shelves and nightstand.  Using some base substance painter materials and then tweaking them and adding to until I like it.

• RustySpannerz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RustySpannerz polycounter lvl 13
    Nice start! You should take a look at using Marvelous Designer, I've never used it but I know a few guys around here use that for fabrics and since there are so many cloth based materials in this scene it could really help sell them! Fabrics tend to make the whole scene look off if not done properly. Another little thing to note, I think the proportions on your guitar case are way out. But it should be a nice scene when you're done! 
  • nnodley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nnodley vertex
    @RustySpannerz  Thanks for the feedback!   Yeah I thought about looking into marvelous designer. I know of a few friends who had used it as well and they really like it.  Yeah I was thinking the guitar case was a bit out of proportion.  I keep meaning to go back and tweak it.  
  • nnodley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nnodley vertex

Couple more updates with the textures in engine.   Worked on the bedding all yesterday.  Hoping it doesn't look off.  I'm pretty happy with it.  Gold on the door handle will be tweaked too.