Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Cruelty- Mercy/D.VA Inspired Mech

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
anastaciafrance polycounter lvl 2
I am in love with both of the characters in Overwatch so I thought i would create a mash up of both!

I then progressed onto highpoly

I added additional parts to the upper section of the mech to help with the glide. 

Lowpoly

I'm excited to push onto the texturing and presenting in Unreal Engine 4. 

C&C welcome. 

Replies

• Vozz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vozz triangle
    Cool concept. Are you going to add the planar wings like Mercy has to the big metal ones. I am personally not a big fan of the shape of the feet, comparing them to the design of D.va's mech feet they seem like they could use some love. Subjectively, the wings look a bit large and heavy. I am guessing later on you will probably angle the mech feet and stance outwards to match the pose of D.va. Finally the cockpit seems a little cramped. I am getting claustrophobia looking at it haha. Not a big deal, but if you ever put a character in there you might have to squish them in. I really like the idea, look forward to seeing the end result.
  • anastaciafrance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vozz said:
    Cool concept. Are you going to add the planar wings like Mercy has to the big metal ones. I am personally not a big fan of the shape of the feet, comparing them to the design of D.va's mech feet they seem like they could use some love. Subjectively, the wings look a bit large and heavy. I am guessing later on you will probably angle the mech feet and stance outwards to match the pose of D.va. Finally the cockpit seems a little cramped. I am getting claustrophobia looking at it haha. Not a big deal, but if you ever put a character in there you might have to squish them in. I really like the idea, look forward to seeing the end result.
    Thank you for the feedback, I was giving it solid feet to counter the wings so they are flat on the ground. They definitely could use more love though! 

I'm going to try posing it in different ways to see what i feel is right but i will post up shots on here :) 

Lmao, Im sorry it gives you claustrophobia, the cockpit is build for a small woman so everything is tiny. 

Thank you again!
  • Vozz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vozz triangle
    No problem! Can't wait to see the next update.
  • anastaciafrance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ive posed the Mech in 3 different ways currently, I think i like the two on the right the most

• Vozz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vozz triangle
    The wise pose looks a lot more sturdy and realistic and I like this one the most. The middle one looks a little awkward; like a frog mid leap. Can you try angling out the feet a bit? The inner "toe" points in a bit too much for my liking, makes it appear off balance.
  • anastaciafrance
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you for the feedback :), I went with the right pose but altered the gun positioning. 

6AiVqLQpng

r7EVOgLpng
    aPJgfhOpng
    vgxUxH4png
    wL1ts3Epng

Panning close ups https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N41ehdwSOIU
    TurnTable http://https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X22soCc7RE