Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Yasuo the Unforgiven

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
WindchILL polycounter lvl 4
Hey everyone, my portfolio is in desperate need of an update. I'm a big League of Legends fan, and their cinematic trailers are always so amazing so I wanted to make something in that style. I chose this concept because I think it's a pretty dramatic look for Yasuo.

Concept by Seung Eun Kim

Here's what I have so far, only the face is retopologized and UV'ed, the rest is block-in:

Unfortunately, I have some gaps in knowledge for the cinematic pipeline. I just started using Mari and V-ray for the first time so I'm going to need a lot of help in both areas. Since there's so much I still need to learn, I'm going to focus on the face first before the rest of the character.

Right now, I'm messing around with rendering and the displacement maps are coming out all funny (baked from Zbrush's multimap exporter). I have no idea how to import UDIM UV's into one material, so the above images are just the first tileset loaded in. Regardless I'm not sure why there's so many artifacts, idk if it's the way my UV's are laid out, the scale of my character is off, or I just have bad render settings. 

I will be updating this frequently, so CnC is very much appreciated!

Replies