Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Illuminare Game Project from Illicit Industries

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
tmcintosh polycounter lvl 6

In the Fall of 2012 after graduating college at RMCAD, myself and several other students began a little idea that we called Project Wiin. Although the game, team, and locations have changed, we’ve maintained our original vision: to try and create a game that we wanted to play. Elements like story, art, and teamwork were at the forefront of our minds as we tried to create something refreshing enough to put our name on the map. We worked hard to create a lore and setting that would be reminiscent of familiar things while maintaining a certain aesthetic that was out of this world.

After quite some time compiling and sifting through the sheer number of bits and pieces we’ve put together for this game I’d like to begin to show some of it off. The following is a collection of 2D & 3D work done by Caleb Brooks, Jesse Suhr, and myself as well as some freelanced work for our independent studio’s game project : Illuminare. While the game itself is on indefinite hiatus, it would be disheartening for the people who worked on it to not have their efforts shown off.

During production we enjoyed most every minute of the process and unfortunately hit some technical limitations within our team that brought things to a halt. Life moved all of us on to bigger and better things but that being said, the process and the work we have to show is a testament of the progress we’ve made as artists. Here are just a couple of images of some 2D work and some level screengrabs inside of Unreal 4. For more images and insight please check out my main site.