Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Chaos Changeling - WIP

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Chronicle polycounter lvl 5
Hey all, I've recently started working on a version of the chaos changeling model from games workshop.  I'm going to do it in PBR working to get the textures as close to the base model as I can while adding a little bit more material to the cloths and skin and such.  I wanna keep it fairly stylized still though.

You can view a 360 of it at their site here  https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/the-changeling-2016

Here's what I've got so far.  This is the basemesh i'm going to bring into Zbrush.  The arms I actually decimated out of Zbrush to retopologise and fix them up before i do the actual sculpting on them.

I'd like to ask some advice before I go too much further though, how should i do the thick trim on the skirt?  Should I do the whole skirt without any thickness in the model, like single plane? and back the trim into it?  Should I model just the trim with thickness?  Should I do a whole layer of thickness for the skirt?  Seems like that'd add a lot of polies that don't really get seen, but also if I want to see the underside of the skirt like in the posed model from GW, I'm not sure if it'd be necessary.  Any thoughts on that?  Also, while I'm trying to match the model a lot, I'm doing it as a game ready model.

Replies