Home Technical Talk

[Maya] How do I mirror animated keyframes for the other side of a model? AKA walk cycles, etc.

Turbopasta
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Turbopasta polycounter lvl 5
I've got a bunch of keyframes animated and set for the left side of a model. I can copy them over to the right side and it's fine, except that it copies it exactly and things like arms swinging inward swing outward on the other side and it looks strange.

I know that you can mirror joints and polys but I don't see anything for animation frames. I could go in and do it manually but I've got lots of frames and that seems like a waste of time to me, unless I'm missing something and there's a simpler way to do this?

So, is there something obvious I missed? Or is there some sort of MEL script I could use to just flip the translate X value for every frame in a sequence to a negative/positive number? I'm not good with MEL :(

Replies

• Turbopasta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Turbopasta polycounter lvl 5
    Apparently I can select the entire thing in the graph editor, and just rescale them all at once as long as I match an x-value from the previous animation it all comes out fine. I'm going to leave this thread open anyways just in case anyone has any solutions that feel more...real? I feel like I'm building model airplanes with scotch tape instead of airplane glue sometimes, if that makes any sense.