Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

Critiques?

I do character design and illustration. Anyone got critiques for me?

jazzdafunk.com

Replies

• Vasburg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vasburg polycounter lvl 3
    Hey there and welcome,
    I'm unfortunately not a scholar of cartoon-styles and illustration, however, I got a déjà vu from my web-designer days and figured this might be helpful speaking about your portfolio in general.

As far as I remember an average user takes 0,5 seconds to decide, if he stays on a site or moves on. Everything on the internet works on a fast pace and although your animated buttons and menus look fancy, they also keep the user waiting. One of the first rules of thumb I learned is "content first". Where is the distinction between "More Work" and "Projects", what should I pick first ? Why not show all images as thumbnails and add descriptions in the subtext of the lightbox as needed.
    This might sound old fashioned, but I still hear that some art directors like to print out some images to take with them into a meeting. Maybe the majority will move on to tablets soon, but non the less, you should, in my opinion, make the content as easily accessible as possible.

All the best!

edit: I stumbled over this article the other day and maybe it has some interesting points for you: http://www.thejonjones.com/2005/10/07/your-portfolio-repels-jobs/
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] insane polycounter
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MissJazzDaFunk
    Thanks so much for the feedback! I really appreciate it! I'll see what I can do with Wix, since that's what I used to make the site according to these critiques! ^^
  • lotet
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lotet hero character
    I really like your work, but I gotta agree with @TeriyakiStyle. both on the page design, but also on posting art here on PC :)