Home Royalties or Post-Launch Compensation Work

2D Background Artist for "A Poison Green"

FlyingMandarine
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
FlyingMandarine polycounter lvl 4
UPDATE:
We found our background artist! Thanks to everyone who contacted us. :)

Hi everyone! :smile:

We are a new independent team of highly qualified individuals working on our first commercial title, a full-length point-and-click sci-fi/thriller with a heavy emphasis on storytelling called A Poison Green. To see screenshots of the game, along with more information, see here: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=48207.0
(The link hasn't been updated in a while; a lot more work has been done since then.)

We're also lucky to have a character artist who has been working on some relatively high-profile indie point-and-click games from Wadjet Eye such as the Blackwell series, Technobabylon, Shardlight, and Unavowed.

We are looking for a 2D Background Artist to both create new backgrounds and touch up existing ones to add small animations to them. A lot of backgrounds (approximately 40) have already been painted, so although there is still a fair deal of work left, the bulk of it is already done.

Here are a few backgrounds from the game:

If you have a talent for and an interest in character art, you can also lend a hand to our character artist if need be. :smile:

Since most of us work on the game in our spare time, you wouldn't be expected to pull out dozens of hours a week; however, we do want someone motivated who will be able to produce at the very least a couple of backgrounds a month, animations included. As for payment, you would get a percentage of profits from the sales matching the amount of work you will have provided for the game.

In case you feel somewhat intimidated, don't be! I make it all sound over-professional, but we really are a super-friendly bunch of people who love what they do, and everyone involved in the game regularly chat and give suggestions about how to make the game better, as the aim is not only to make a game we enjoy, but also to make it the best we possibly can so as to make it somewhat commercially viable. :smile:

If you are interested, please send me an e-mail over at hermenaultpatrice@gmail.com

I look forward to hearing from you!

Patrice (FlyingMandarine)