Home Adobe Substance

Substance Painter and Baking Poly

Wolfer
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Wolfer polycounter lvl 7
I was wondering if someone could help me out. Please excuse if this question is a lot, just many questions on my mind. This question sorta falls in the middle with 3d and substance painter. I been following the tutorial and reading but I'm confused on something. I notice about the high poly to low poly way to do it in substance painter and I see manual but I'm kinda confused on how I would approach it. Lets pretend to keep it simple I have a simple box. Now if I wanted to have it where I made a high poly and a low poly for substance painter, should the box with high poly have it where it would be in the same place when I export it or can they be next to each other. Now if I wanted a high poly for substance painter to put on a low one box, would that high poly have to have lots of edges on it to get a normal map for it. Also let say I had a simple extrude on a part of the high poly box, can substance painter have it where it would read that extrude part that was pushed in as a normal or baking doesn't work like that. I try that but I get a normal map that is black or no response. I know my low poly has it where it has its uv set up. Just trying to get a better understanding.

Replies