Home Career & Education

Mentor

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
CrisisMode polycounter lvl 2
Hello,

I have been teaching myself Blender and ZBrush for about 6 months now with a couple short breaks.  I have been mostly focused on ZBrush though.  I have a lot of fun, but have started to get very discouraged and worry that perhaps it is too late for me.  I know that there are thousands of YouTube videos and tutorials available, but I feel like something is just not clicking for me.  That I am doing basic and fundamental things wrong and am not even aware of it.

Does anyone know of any free mentorship type programs or is anyone willing to act as a mentor?  My biggest stumbling block right now is probably anatomy and proportions.  Here are a few of my sculpts from the last few days.

Replies

• Burpee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Burpee polycounter lvl 9
    If you want a quick start into anatomy that work pretty well, buy the rafael grassetti's gumroad lesson. It's really really great, and the video last for about 20-30min. Just watch em everyday and try to get better, and it'll be ! 
    gl ! 
  • CrisisMode
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CrisisMode polycounter lvl 2
    @Burpee

Thank you, I'm thinking about checking it out.  I have been hesitant because I wasn't sure if he talks you through what he is doing during the tutorial?  Or is just like a speed sculpt with no instructional/step-by-step talking?  I did find a helpful tutorial and was able to manage this after just a few times through.  I think its already a vast improvement from what I had a few days ago.
  • Burpee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Burpee polycounter lvl 9
    His gumroad is great, he's explaining everything, cleary. Just buy it you won't regret it.
    gl mate