Hey guys! We're independent game developer Thar Be Monsters
and we’re looking for a passionate, multi-talented Gameplay Programmer to join our team part-time for our sci-fi combat platformer - Blubber Busters
! Specifically, we’re looking for someone awesome who is skilled in programming player interactions, enemy design and game-wide systems. The ideal candidate really cares about games on a personal level, is passionate about creating great gameplay and is excited to collaborate closely with a small, tight-knit, cross-disciplinary team.
Here's what kind of candidate we're looking for:
• Significant experience in Unity, coding in C#
• Experience as a gameplay programmer (Independent, AAA or hobby/side projects… anything we can play) working on combat systems / enemy AI / player interactions
• Experience writing clean code & comfort working with other programmers in an existing codebase
• Ability to work independently while also collaborating closely with the team
• Cares a lot about game design & game feel. Design experience (or just being design-savvy) a huge plus
to cody /at/ tharbemonsters dot net with the subject line “BB Gameplay Programmer Application”. Please include links to your portfolio, and/or a link to any personal work. We may request that qualifying applicants complete a programming test depending on experience.