Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Prison Bathroom

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
Shirk greentooth
Ive recently been pushing to improve my skill set with Unreal and am aiming to get a new project done every week. This is my current project, everything was made in 3ds Max and Substance Painter. 

Replies

• BeserK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BeserK polycounter lvl 12
    Looks great, the only thing that bothers me is that the broken tiles don't look like they have any depth.
    Also, not a single bar of soap? In a prison bathroom? Come on!
  • Stavaas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stavaas polycounter lvl 3
    Feels very much like Nova Prospekt, is that your idea as well maybe? I think the scene is too bright overall, so you lose a lot of nice shadows and contrasts. And like BerserK said, your tiles look very flat, but other than that it looks great man.
  • Shirk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shirk greentooth
    Thanks guys! I did take heavy inspiration from Nova Prospekt and Im actually surprised at the amount of people who see the similarities. As for the lack of depth on the tiles, I did try tessellation but it didnt play well with the wall meshes (I would get a lot of spikes and just overall bad looking tessellation) and I didnt want to try POM because I heard of several performance and lighting issues associated with that. 

The scene is also a bit bright, but that is most likely because of UE4s "eye adaption" exposure blows up the lighting in dark places like this.

This is what it looks like with no auto exposure, and with 2x brightness autoexposure.