Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Cyberpunk Marketplace

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Luxap polycounter lvl 6
Hiya Guys,

I started out on this project to create a really dense looking fish market, inspired by the Tsukiji fish market (which is going to move from the current location to a new one, although that move is now delayed) But I decided that it would be nicer to merge this with an itch that I have been having for a long while now which was making a cyberpunky looking slum. 
I got this itch ever since I worked on "The Journey" competition on artstation (Seen here Link ) and the work that I did on that feels like it lacks a lot of detail and story elements, and feel like I could have done way better and I want to push it into a professional level.

Current State of this scene:

Still a lot to add, currently working on different wall meshes, and added a material that I had lying around to give a better idea. And currently also thinking about adding a big tree in the back of the market where the market opens up a bit.

Things to achieve with this scene:
  • Training on baking and Modelling in general
  • Become better at Story telling and world building (because never really looked into that)
  • Design and think about all the different meshes and how they are going to work
My main inspirations:
  • Kowloon city
  • Tsukiji fish market in Japan
  • Deus ex Mankind Divided (Golem City)
  • Prey 2 (Cancelled 2012 trailer)
  • The Witcher 3
  • Slums/Favelas
  • ACG's channel ( Link  )
Reference board (If interested) :

https://www.pinterest.com/timothydries/project-novembra/

The things that I dont know how I am going to tackle them at this time:
  • The storytelling and really making this scene believable
  • Wether if I can sell this scene without having character (Any thoughts on this are greatly appreciated)
Some sketches ( this is the first time in a long while since I got back into painting in photoshop and it shows but still, I want to give a full picture)

Some previous screenshots and initial blockouts for this scene.

I am looking forward to making changes and getting feedback on this to really push the level of detail and storytelling elements.