Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

ZBrush nanomesh to game assets

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Hello guys,
I need a great help, I'm making a simple object using ZModeler and the Insert Nanomesh feature. The result is this below:

My question is: How can I export this object to a gaming engine with the nanomesh details?

My main object is already lowpoly, what is the workflow when using nanomesh?

Thank you

Replies

• Zack Maxwell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Maxwell interpolator
    ......Bake a normal map from it?
  • rondinellimorais
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the quick reply, but I really do not understand the process, could you explain me step by step please?
  • rondinellimorais
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've been to > Nanomesh > Inventory > One To Mesh
    Then Normal Map menu, but options are disabled.
  • RustySpannerz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RustySpannerz polycounter lvl 13
    You'd really be best off following a tutorial from start to finish if you're just picking up ZBrush. That will explain the baking process and a few of the other techniques that you would use in a ZBrush workflow. You can find plenty of tutorials like that on Youtube or Gumroad. 
  • rondinellimorais
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My level in Zbrush is beginners, I already researched a lot about the nanomesh feature on google, youtube and also pixologic zclassroom.
    They all just show how to use the nanomesh, but none of it show how to export a mesh or extract normal

What I'm looking for is on that point, where I can export it for use in game engine.

For another mesh, this would be my workflow:
    1. Sculpt in Dynamesh from a basemesh made with ZModeler (depending on the object)
    2. Duplicate High Poly and do retopology using ZRemesh, Decimation Master or ZSphere to get LowPoly
    3. Next: Polygroups, UV Master, Subdivisions and Project All of Dynamesh
    4. And then I get all the textures, the bake texture I usually do in the Substance Painter.
    Now, for a nanomesh, this workflow simply does not make sense, at least it's missing some step before and I do not know which one.
  • rondinellimorais
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello everyone, can anyone help me?

How do I bake normal map if the nanomesh object?