Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sci-fi Space Scene [WIP] [UE4]

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Klawd polycounter lvl 7
Hello guys,
thought I'd start a progress thread for this little UE4 scene I'm working on in the spare time. It's a section of a orbiting spaceship, a small section (I tried not to overscope it in order to put as much care in it as possible, and finish it in a reasonable time).
All materials are done in Substance Painter/Designer, the modeling in Modo, and the final thing assembled in UE4.

The door. I had so much fun designing and texturing it (the touch panels are still a wip):

A modular step for the flight of stairs going to a (non-existent) above floor:

I'll be adding more as I make progress on it. Hope you liked it so far! :)
Bye,
Claudio

Replies

• Klawd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Klawd polycounter lvl 7
    Haven't had much time to work on it, so small update. Added a few preliminary materials for windows, floor, and the observation point's steps and parapet.
    Still lot of models and materials to make!

• Prylos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Prylos triangle
    I really like the design of that door, very cool.
  • Klawd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Klawd polycounter lvl 7
    Thanks @Prylos,I like how it came out too! But I really think I should do a better job with the materials^^

Anyway, been pretty busy since March but recently I had a few days to invest in this. Man, I didn't expect many of the complexities I have encountered designing and developing this scene, but I have, and still am, learning a lot! So, all in all, I feel it's paying out great.
    I made some initial texturing for the staircase (in Substance Painter), and also added an asteroid field :)