Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Hogwarts VR scene

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
CocoaCup polycounter lvl 6
Hi there guys,

I'd love to share with you my personal project I was working on a bit recently.
Since I really love Harry Potter theme, I always wanted to take a look at it and try to play with it, get right kind of mood and atmosphere you can feel from the movies :)

It took me about week, or two, including modeling in 3ds Max, Zbrush, texturing was done in Substance Painter.
The scene is built based on the VR template, using the 4. 14 release. Since it was my very first VR project, I learnt so many new useful things and get ideas how to work on the next project more effective and better.

I was constantly testing the scene with the HTC Vive, so it's really working :)

Enjoy :)

Some of the modular assets I made, the scene was then built and could be dynamically changed if I wanted.

Replies

• Benvox2
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Benvox2 polycounter lvl 10
    It looks really solid, and I like the lighting. The only thing I would suggest is to add some vertex blended dirt, moss or colour variation to break the walls up a little bit. Good work!

• CocoaCup
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CocoaCup polycounter lvl 6
    Benvox2 said:
    It looks really solid, and I like the lighting. The only thing I would suggest is to add some vertex blended dirt, moss or colour variation to break the walls up a little bit. Good work!

Hey there, thank you ! :) Yes, I agree with the variation. Since I have little experience with it I didn't try it to implement it yet, but will do to polish it a bit more :)
  • ahmeduchiha
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ahmeduchiha keyframe
    this looks amazing i love anything harry potter related check my gryffindor common room im doing on UE4 , so for your work try to deduce the normals they are so rough on the pillars , smoother normals the better it will look , reduce the bloom effect on the candles , try to use vertex peinting on the walls to break it a little bit because it looks the same from all anglesand fix the light use some volumetic fogs and show the god raises entring from the windows <3 good luck on this i know this is an old post but i hope u fixed it :D