Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First post of a lurker

Hey everyone,

This is my first post here, I've been lurking this forum for a while ( spend my lunch time on it too ) and I decided to register a few months ago. I finally have something to post in here so I'm happy to finally step out of the darkness. 

I have a full time job as a tester in Tokyo and I have always been interested in 3D. Recently, I've realized that I love the process of creating art and especially 3D. Sometimes I get excited and passionate at watching a nice curve modeled on a sculpt or on a hard surface, a crisp texture on a wall or a beautiful lighting.

A few months back I spend a bit of money to buy a PC and decided to put my efforts in learning more about creating environments and other techniques. Now once I get home after a day of work I jump on the computer to study and try to improve my skills in 3d. In order to keep the motivation (...can be hard sometimes) I keep visiting this forum, ArtStation, and I listen to game dev podcasts or CG podcasts in the morning when I'm going to work that way I stay motivated and hungry.

Anyway, I just finished a small scene, and since I don't know much people that could give some feedback or advice on this little scene, if some of you guys could give a bit of feedback on what is the weak points of my scene so I can work and study more on that it will be super greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance :D

The scene is rendered in marmoset 2 :

I used Maya, and the Substance suite. Most of the materials were made by me except for the ground. 

Replies