Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

vfx animation reel!

triangle
Offline / Send Message
isosmrt triangle
Hey guys, here is my latest animation reel. Love to hear what you think, anything I should remove?

Thanks!

Replies

• tholmes3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tholmes3d polycounter lvl 11
    Hey isosmrt (that's a good name).
    I think you can work on your weight and time and poses. I'd suggest scrapping all this and going back to the bouncing ball exercise. Don't give up though, you'll make it one day...
    Ha! I'm glad I could type that because Im terrible at keeping a straight face. There's so much awesome creature work on your reel, I love it.
    My only critique is that the Guardian of the Galaxy shot, and GoT shots are both super short and hard to really read so I didn't get much from them. That said, they work well to show off the cool projects you've worked on.
  • Arturow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arturow polycounter
    Remove? lol I would love to see more , kickass reel
  • _adamturnbull
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Great stuff man! I think it's about the right length. Anything longer and I'd probably cut something out but a minute and a half is a pretty good length.
  • Ichi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ichi polycounter lvl 2
    Love the Godzilla stuff, that must have been really fun to work on!
  • isosmrt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    isosmrt triangle
    tholmes3d said:
    Hey isosmrt (that's a good name).
    I think you can work on your weight and time and poses. I'd suggest scrapping all this and going back to the bouncing ball exercise. Don't give up though, you'll make it one day...
    Ha! I'm glad I could type that because Im terrible at keeping a straight face. There's so much awesome creature work on your reel, I love it.
    My only critique is that the Guardian of the Galaxy shot, and GoT shots are both super short and hard to really read so I didn't get much from them. That said, they work well to show off the cool projects you've worked on.
    haha, Thanks! I was scared for a second! :smile:

Good call on those shots. They are kind of filler at this point. I'll remove them in the next version!

• isosmrt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    isosmrt triangle
    Arturow said:
    Remove? lol I would love to see more , kickass reel

Thanks man!!
  • isosmrt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    isosmrt triangle
    Great stuff man! I think it's about the right length. Anything longer and I'd probably cut something out but a minute and a half is a pretty good length.

Thanks Adam! Love your Deadpool anim!
    Ichi said:
    Love the Godzilla stuff, that must have been really fun to work on!

Thanks Ichi! Yeah, it was a dream. However, the deadlines on that were super tight! Wish we had more time :smile: