Home Freelance Job Postings

[Filled] Digital Artist for Sci-fi Game

GPawley
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
GPawley polycounter lvl 2
Update: I have found an artist for this task, thank you.

I am looking for a digital artist to paint up to 50 small scenes in a realistic style for a sci-fi indie game.  The setting is an early space colonization future that has gone wrong.  Earth is destroyed and the surviving colonies have reverted to a traditional feudal culture.  The game is a social/political simulation that generates an emergent narrative of human drama in which the player participates as the head of a multi-generational dynasty.

The scenes will be used in popups when an event happens in the game such as "An ambassador has arrived at your court".  The images will be 16:9 and displayed at 1/4 screen width on desktop.  For some scenes I have something specific in mind, while for others I would like to figure out together what will work best.  Apart from common sci-fi elements, more than half of these scenes will have characters in them, such as a group in conversation or two lovers in an embrace, so you will need to be comfortable drawing the human figure.  I am budgeting $100 per image and I am realistic about the level of detail that I can expect for that.  I would prefer to work on a fixed price basis for batches of work at a time.

Some elements of the setting (costume design and set decoration) still require definition, so I would also like some concept sketches to nail down the look first.

Ideally the work can be completed by end March to coincide with a public alpha, but I'm flexible here.  I would like to find an artist that I can keep working with to finish the game after that.  In future I will need additional painted scenes, some full screen art, and imagery for use in marketing and web presence.

If this sounds interesting, please contact me on glenpawley@gmail.com with a link to your portfolio and a clear marker of the quality of the work you will deliver for what price (linking to examples, including ones that show characters).

Replies

• Whoami
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm going to move to South Africa to start a new life, so I'm beginning my search for a job in Cape Town.
    I'm a Ukrainian graphic designer, CG artist and illustrator with wide experience working in game developing agencies, running my own design agency and working as an comics artist and interior designer. I'm looking for a great agency to welcome me as part of their team. There is one problem; I barely speak English - but I am learning.

Perhaps I can be useful for you? If you work for a design or game developing agency in Cape Town and you might be looking for someone to hire, please take a look at some of my work.

https://www.behance.net/romankucherenko

I'm enthusiastic, passionate, dynamic, and I make a mean cup of tea.

Sencerely,
    Roman