Home Technical Talk

UV Questions in Modo: Keeping Proportions and Bevels

Anchang-Style
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Anchang-Style polycounter lvl 7
Hey everybody, iam back with another question,
Iam currently working with micro bevels and Face Weighted normals, which works amazingly well and fast. Problem is:
1. Is there a way in modo to autorescale my UV Islands so they are the correct proportion to each other? I unwrapped and stitched my UVs up so i have all the stuff that is connected in one pack however the unwrap /Project operation tend to kill the proportion and i can't find a way to keep proportion to each other. (so a part of the door Frame that is 10cm wide is not the same size as a 1m size piece). I know i could do that using the checker map, but it's projection to the mesh tends to be off. 
2. Is there a way to keep UVs correctly between LOD0 and LOD1, if LOD0 is basically the Mesh containing the Bevels and LOD1 the mesh without. I thought i could UV the LOD1 mesh, add the bevels done. But it's not working that way. The basic outline of my UV stays but suddenly i have connections between surfacesin my UV that break em and force me to redo them.

Is that just something i have to live with ot is there an option i haven't yet seen (pretty new to the whole UVing thing, especially in Modo).

Replies