Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[DONE] Contemp - UE4 game environment, student final specialization project

Micaka
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Micaka polycounter lvl 2
The environment is done now!

Final presentation today at school and i got a final result to share with you, would love any kind of feedback or thoughts!

The result is a game-ready environment trailer here on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RECTvxkAsbs

Also got it up on Vimeo as well:

https://vimeo.com/208594715

I will soon update the blog with more breakdowns and such but thus far here is the trailer.
The project will probably continue after this weekend somewhat as the environment is in current development for a Virtual Reality experience/demo.

Project blog:
http://contempgame.blogspot.se/

Here are three screenshots from the environment also.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello people!

It is time for my final specialization project at university now which will be about a 6-7 weeks long production focused on art and visual result as i am studying a Bachelor of fine arts with focus in computer graphics.

My main focus on this project is to create a game-ready environment in Unreal Engine and work on all aspects such as level creation, assets, lighting and post-effects. So the final result should look so good as possible but still run at 60+ fps 1080p on a ~GTX 980 computer setup.

So therefore i am gonna share my process here as much as possible so i can get so much feedback and possible and in the end enhance the visual results!

So now what is my project gonna be about.

----- Contemp ------
The environment that i  am gonna create is gonna be based interior in a abandoned small house. So it is gonna be inspired by Silent Hill P.T and Allison Road as my main visual references. The final atmosphere I am going for is P.T but more abandoned and grungy.
My environment will be more abandoned and damaged over time so there will be more destruction and wear than my references. In the final result i want the player to be able to walk around the house and investigate it and certain items to tell a story on what happened to it and who lived here.
If i get time i would really want to create small events to push the story and creepy feeling more forward but as mentioned this project is focused on art result. Some events i want specifically is that the player can see glimpses and relieve moments of the past of this house.
The house will be abandoned since the 70-80's and the player will visit it in current time (~2010 - )

Here is a reference and a lighting board for what is the mood and look i am aiming for.
So i am aiming for the style of P.T but the mood of abandoned and creep.

Mood

Lighting

Would love any type of feedback throughout the project! If its visual, gameplay, story elements or anything just share the more the better, but if you can please reflect the feedback and tell why you felt that way.

Replies