Home Technical Talk

Having strange problems and cant launch 3ds max 2012

Jonathan85
polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Jonathan85 polycounter lvl 9
Hello i cannot suddenly launch 3ds max 2012, i have more versions of max installed and they all launch (start) ok. But the one i use mainly, 3ds max 2012 version (on windows 7 64 bit system) will not start. It used to be ok, suddenly it cannot launch. In task manager on windows it stops loading into ram at aproximately 230 MB and it keeps cpu utilized at 16% (i have a 6 core amd), and thats all, it can stay at this for tens of minutes, probably hours and wont launch. I have to end it via task manager.

Does anybody had this problem? How to fix it?

And if i reinstal 3ds max 2012, does it give me some repair option, or will i have to do "clean" reinstal and will have to instal additional plugins etc. (like Vray) again?

Replies

• EliasWick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EliasWick polycounter lvl 9
    Greetings, I don't have 3Ds Max 2012. But there is maybe something you can try.

Press "Windows Key + R" on the keyboard to open Run and type in %Appdata% and navigate to: AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\
    In my case I have a folder here called 2017 - 64bit. If you have a folder here named to something like 2012. Open that and you should see a folder called "ENU". Rename this to "ENU.OLD" Try to start Max again and see if it works. If it doesn't work, rename the newly created ENU folder and rename ENU.OLD to just ENU.
    A video that sort of shows you how to do it, I know it is about keybindings but stay with me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra87-pNrVgA